Monday, September 8, 2008

Implementing DTW in trajectory

In the my previous post about hackystat-trajectory progress I've said that I'm almost there with implementing the indent for the trajectory charts as at the following screenshot:

Yeah, in fact it took me about 3 hours of typing (I type using two fingers :P) since I've got to alter the code for the whole bunch of TelemetryStream dealing pieces... So, basically my initial estimation of the effort needed turned out to be wrong :(. Anyway, the indent is in the place and now I have the ability to choose particular intervals from the telemetry streams for two projects and align them the way I like.

The next research question I'm working on right now is how to quantify the difference (similarity) level of two trajectories? My idea of UI and workflow for this task is that once an user is satisfied with time series (telemetry interval) selection and alignment using the Trajectory page, he (or she) can proceed further to the next level of analyzes using the very new UI page which I call Trajectory DTW analysis page, and which allows to visualize the DTW algorithm implementation and quantify trajectories similarities using Euclidean distance:

No comments: