Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Happy coding with Hongbing.

During coding hour (in fact we spent about 90 min) we were working on the UI design today. We tried to follow my instructions about installing the environment and failed since GWT seems to keep absolute paths within its config and datafiles. We had to change hardcoded paths manually.
After stuff was installed and we got mockup working we were trying to understand the GWT hosted and compiled modes along with hosting the mockup within the Tomcat. This task turned out to be pretty difficult since I am using JFreeChart jar and servlet along with JCommon. Basically we gave up and proceeded further.
The last timeframe we spent discussing my UI design. Hongbing was developing HackyStat for a long time and helped me to figure out which way of abstractions would fit previous HackyStat architecture (I want reuse some code instead of hacking by myself). Overall this part was a most productive.

No comments: